The Wikieducator Tutorials are considered to be the essential requirements for a teacher/educator to be able to develop free content for education on the wiki. The time required for each tutorial is estimated at 15 to 20 minutes.
- What is a Wiki?
- Creating an Account
- Editing Basics
- Basic Text Formatting
- Creating New Pages and Links
- Inserting Images and other Media
- Collaborative Editing
- Talk pages and other Useful Features
- Creating and using Pedagogical Templates
- Thinking About Structure
- Navigation templates
- What is Free Content?
- Developing a teaching resource on WE
- Sourcing and using free images (WIP)
- Using support and development templates (WIP)
- Implementing learning design (WIP)
- Collaborative Video - Help and Sandbox
- Tutorial Index
List of Help Pages
We use a Google Group to facilitate discussion around WikiEducator. Please feel free to join us! Please visit the Community Portal for a list of recent discussion topics.
- Creating an account
- Creating your WikiEducator user page
- Basic editing.
- Editing using open office
- Wikipedia's Cheat sheet (also available as a PDF for printing)
- Pedagogical templates
- Extra Tips
- Tips on creating accessible content on wiki
- IGNOU Wiki Support and FAQ
- WikiEducator Tutorials
- MediaWiki Markup
Policies and guidelines
- WikiEducator policies
- Using WikiEducator
- WikiEducator Skills Certification Policy
- Certification: WikiMaster-WikiBuddy-WikiApprentice Requirements
We're here to help you! If you are interested in joining us, or just have a question, please put a link to your Talk page here and a brief note about what you need...
- BrentSimpson - Wiki syntax, templates, architecture.
- Wayne Mackintosh - WikiEducator strategy, international liaison, and anything to promote a free education curriculum by 2015.
- Minhaaj ur Rehman Wiki Syntax, templates, online collaboration and support.
- Philip Serracino Inglott - Wiki syntax, templates, VUSSC project.
- Patricia Schlicht - supporting WikiEducator through online facilitation and support, advocacy, capacity building, project development, assisting Dr. Wayne Mackintosh.
- Randy Fisher - supporting WikiEducator community development, relationship-building and facilitating cluster formation. Also supporting Community Media and WikiGovernance project nodes.
- Nellie (Muller) Deutsch supporting WikiEducator through online facilitation via Moodle and live online sessions via WiZiQ virtual classrooms. Please feel free to contact me or leave a message and ask questions on how to get started with Wikieducator and how I use it with high school EFL/ESL students (grades 11 and 12).
- Peter Rawsthorne - Wiki Syntax, templates, K12 student-generated content
- Anil Prasad - General help
- Using IRC to chat with other Wikieducators
- Automated Page Creation
- List of all pages containing prefix "Help:" in WikiEducator